This week's winners and losers from the golf worldtheScore
Lincicome nailed it two weeks ago at the KPGA Women's PGA Championship when she suggested President Donald Trump's presence at the U.S. Women's Open could be "a big debacle." Sure enough, the president's arrival on Friday afternoon overshadowed much of the play and the biggest tournament in the women's game took a back seat to politics. Vindication, in a sense, for Lincicome, who took plenty of heat for her comments.
It happened. Charles Barkley's golf swing has been fixed. The basketball Hall of Famer came to the American Century Championship this week with a swing that doesn't feature an unbelievable pause on the downswing. Barkley now gets through the golf ball in one motion, thanks to a left-hand low technique.
DeChambeau validated his unusual approach to the game on Sunday, birdying seven of his last 11 holes to win his first PGA Tour title. The SMU alumnus snagged the $1.008-million paycheck, a two-year exemption on tour, and the final spot in the Open Championship next week.
New LPGA dress code
LPGA tour members were sent an email in early July informing them that, as of Monday, a new dress code would be implemented, according to Ashley Mayo of Golf Digest.
Here's a look at the changes:
- Racerback with a mock or regular collar are allowed.
- Plunging necklines are NOT allowed.
- Leggings, unless under a skort or shorts, are NOT allowed.
- Length of skirt, skort, and shorts MUST be long enough to not see your bottom area (even if covered by under shorts) at any time, standing or bent over.
- Appropriate attire should be worn to pro-am parties. You should be dressing yourself to present a professional image.
- Workout gear and jeans (all colors) NOT allowed inside the ropes.
- Joggers are NOT allowed.
Golf has been trying to shed this stuffy image for years, and this doesn't help.
The Englishman came to the 72nd hole on Sunday needing just a par to win the Scottish Open for his first career European Tour victory. Shinkwin's four-foot par putt came up short, and he would go on to lose to Rafael Cabrera-Bello on the first extra hole.
(Photos courtesy: Action Images)
Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.